Take a deep breath, and relax, even with the holiday hoopla descending faster than a flurry of snowflakes, there is still time to get out your secret weapon, the BIG needles. They are ready and able to cast on a few more last minute gift ideas and get you to the finish line before the final roll of wrapping paper runs out.
This week the spotlight is on fast and fabulous gift ideas, in a few of our favorite cozy, bulky, marshmallow-soft yarns, Kiko, Ushya, Big Softie, Rasta and Paloma, all knit on BIG needles with just one or two skeins. These ten FREE Patterns are complimentary from the wonderful designers on Ravelry.
Really Quick Mittens
1. Really Quick Mittens – require one skein of Malabrigo Rasta and a set of 9 mm double pointed needles.
2. Margot Cowl – requires two skeins of Mirasol Ushya (double strand) and a 15 mm circular needle.
Moss Stitch Rib Hat
3. Moss Stitch Rib Hat – requires two skeins of Debbie Bliss Paloma, and a pair of 9 mm and 10 mm needles.
Two Hour Turban
4. Two Hour Turban – requires one skein of Malabrigo Rasta (makes two turbans) and a pair of 10 mm needles.
Speedy Cabled Cowl and Beret
5. Speedy Cabled Cowl and Beret – requires three balls of Sirdar Big Softie (for the set) and a pair of 10 mm needles.
Rainbow Twist Cowl
6. Rainbow Twist Cowl – requires 1 skein of Malabrigo Rasta and a pair of 12 mm needles.
The Big Hat
7. The Big Hat – requires one skein of Malabrigo Rasta and a 10 mm circular needle.
8. Simple Wristlets – require one skein of Malabrigo Rasta and a set of double pointed 8 mm needles.
9. Aujourd’hui Cowl – requires one skein of Malabrigo Rasta and a pair of 10mm needles.
Kiko Slouch Hat
10. Kiko Slouch Hat – requires two balls of Sirdar Kiko and a pair of 10 mm needles.